QiBounding® combines the benefits of Rebounding with awareness of body, breath and spirit. Grounded in the concept that the body possesses innate knowing of perfect health,
QiBounding® focuses on a loving relationship with the body. Safe and simple, QiBounding® offers the ideal conditions in which the body can find its own way to optimum health.
The story of rebounders in the US
In the 1980s NASA
incorporated this form of exercise and performed scientific studies that proved the high efficiency of this form of exercise.
The original trampoline from which the mini trampoline is derived was constructed using a very large mat and large springs to hold the mat. The first generation of mini trampoline or “Rebounder” as we call it today, was spring based. It was more or less hard in bounce. Currently the most widely known spring based Rebounders are Urban, Needak, ReboundAir, and Cellerziser.
For some time now a new generation of Rebounder is being offered on the market, no longer based on springs but on high elastic bungee bands. Like the spring based Rebounders, these springfree Rebounders differ in quality from brand to brand - and not all of them can be recommended - see our 12 step Rebounder test.
Springfree Rebounders are currently built by the companies Bellicon and byJumpSport. Springless Rebounders offer users the benefits of efficient and joyful Rebounding.
The smooth bounce allows people who, due to their physical condition cannot or should not bounce on a hard spring based Rebounder, to enjoy the benefits of Rebound exercise. At the same time the smooth bounce bungee Rebounder style delivers a higher efficiency of workout, which is ideal for anyone with muscle toning as a goal.
In 2005 Sylvia Dreiser Farnsworth moved from Switzerland to the US. Besides of teaching the innovative rebounding method "QiBounding", Sylvia and her team also tested all quality rebounders on the US market and created the quality label "QiBounder". At the moment, only the spring free rebounders from bellicon and from JumpSport reach that high quality level.
Owning a top quality QiBounder is like owning a mini gym for the whole family.When utilizing the correct training method, such as the one QiBounding offers, you can literally train each muscle of your body in a safe and joyful way.
For anyone with a busy schedule t
hese cutting edge bungee band Rebounders offer an amazingly efficient workout in a fraction of the time you would need to exercise in a gym or go running. Three minutes of intense Rebounding is equivalent to ten minutes of jogging
Sylvia Dreiser Farnsworth
Founder of QiBounding ®
Health and Awareness Coach since 1983
Sylvia Dreiser-Farnsworth was born in Germany and has lived and worked in Germany, Switzerland, France, England, and in America. She is a lifelong student and teacher of bodywork, and was one of the first teachers of the Alexander Technique in Germany.
Sylvia was first introduced to rebounding in 1998, and she immediately recognized its rehabilitative and health-building potential. Sylvia worked closely with the Swiss/German company bellicon, which produces the world’s best rebounders. In 2005 Sylvia came to America to become the main distribution point of bellicons in North America. As the original importer of bellicon rebounders, Sylvia made this new generation of rebounders known in North America.
Combining her practical knowledge of many healing modalities with rebounding, Sylvia created her rebounding method called “QiBounding” which she is teaching in private classes and in workshops all over the US. She also offers a Certification Class for those who want become a QiBounding Instructor. With QiBounding, Sylvia has assisted many people to better levels of health and wholeness.
Sylvia's teachings are based on years of experience with the following systems:
- The Alexander Technique® – Sylvia has been a teacher of this education to a healthy use of the body since 1983 and is one of its first teachers in Germany. In 2003 and 2004, Sylvia was member of the board of directors of the SLVAT (Society of teachers of the Alexander Technique in Switzerland).
- Dynamic Rebounding® – Certified inSwitzerland in this world-class technique, Sylvia worked closely with founders Ingrid Luginbühl and Birgit Buschmann.
- Bones For Life® – Sylvia enjoyed the great gift of personal training from founder Ruthy Alon.
- Spiraldynamik® – Sylvia studied Spiral Dynamic movement and therapy in Switzerland with co-founder Christian Heel, author of the movement bible, Movement Systems.
- Core Process Psychotherapy® – Sylvia is one of a handful of practitioners personally trained by Maura Sills, founder of Core Process Psychotherapy and the Karuna Institute (UK).
- Pelvic Floor Training with expert Leslie Howard, San Francisco
- Iyengar Yoga® with Yoga expert Suzie Muchnick
- The Work of Byron Katie - ongoing Facilitator Training
- Biocognitive Science with Dr. Mario Martinez, is a new paradigm that investigates the causes of health and identifies how our beliefs affect our immune, nervous and endocrine systems and how we can reprogram ourselves for a life in health, abundance and joy.
Today, Sylvia lives part of the year in Naples, Florida, part in California. She teaches all over the US and in Canada. Besides of personal training and classes, she also offers a QiBounding instructor training for health practitioners and movement educators.
Sylvia is teaching in English, German and French.
For those who love American literature: Sylvia is a direct descendant of American's novelist Theodore Dreiser.