| || |
Sylvia Dreiser Farnsworth
Founder of QiBounding ®
Founder of ActiveEmbrace ®
Teacher of the F.M. Alexander Technique (since 1983)
Rebounding Master Trainer (since 2001)
Certified Facilitator for The Work of Byron Katie (since 2015)
Sylvia Dreiser-Farnsworth was born in Germany and has lived and worked in Germany, Switzerland, France, England, and the US. She is a lifelong student and teacher of body/mind awareness, and was one of the first teachers of the Alexander Technique in Germany.
Sylvia was first introduced to rebounding in 1998, and she immediately recognized its rehabilitative and health-building potential. In 2005 Sylvia came to the US and become the first importer of bellicon rebounders for North America.
Combining her practical knowledge of many healing modalities including rebounding, Sylvia created her own method called “QiBounding” which she is teaching in private classes and in workshops and in her Online Classes. She also offers a Certification Training for those who want become a QiBounding Instructor. With QiBounding, Sylvia has assisted many people to better levels of health and well-being.
Sylvia's teachings are based on years of experience with the following systems and methods:
- The Alexander Technique® – Sylvia has been a teacher of this education to a healthy use of the body since 1983 and is one of its first teachers in Germany. In 2003 and 2004, Sylvia was member of the board of directors of the SLVAT (Society of teachers of the Alexander Technique in Switzerland) and responsible for the quality of the Alexander-Technique training given in the AT schools in Switzerland.
- Dynamic Rebounding® – Certified as Rebounding Teacher in Switzerland. Sylvia worked closely together with the founders of Dynamic Rebounding, Ingrid Luginbühl and Birgit Buschmann.
- Bones For Life® – Sylvia enjoyed the great gift of personal training from founder Ruthy Alon. 2006, Oakland, CA.
- Spiraldynamik® – Sylvia studied Spiral Dynamic movement and therapy in Switzerland with co-founder Christian Heel, author of the movement bible, Movement Systems. 2002, Zurich, Switzerland.
- Core Process Psychotherapy® – Sylvia is one of a handful of practitioners personally trained by Maura Sills, founder of Core Process Psychotherapy and the Karuna Institute (UK), 2003, Zurich, Switzerland.
- Pelvic Floor Training with expert Leslie Howard, 2007 San Francisco, CA.
- Iyengar Yoga® with Yoga expert Suzie Muchnic, 2010, Naples, FL.
- Biocognitive Science with Dr. Mario Martinez, is a new paradigm that investigates the causes of health and identifies how our beliefs affect our immune, nervous and endocrine systems and how we can reprogram ourselves for a life in health, abundance and joy. 2014, Berkeley, CA.
- The Work of Byron Katie - (Inquiry Based Stress Reduction) Certified Facilitator for the Work of Byron Katie. 2015, Ojai, CA.
Today, Sylvia lives most of the year in Naples, Florida or in Berkeley, California. She works as body/mind coach and trainer all over North America.
For those who love American literature: Sylvia is a direct descendant of American's novelist Theodore Dreiser.