Sylvia Dreiser Farnsworth is born in 1957 in Germany and has lived and worked in Germany, France, Switzerland, the UK and the US. She is a lifelong student and teacher of body/mind awareness, and was one of the first teachers of the Alexander Technique in Germany.
Sylvia was first introduced to rebounding in 1998, and she immediately recognized its rehabilitative and health-building potential. In 2005 Sylvia moved to the US and became the first importer of bellicon rebounders for North America.
Combining her practical knowledge of many healing modalities, Sylvia created her own method called “QiBounding” which she is teaching in one-on-one training as well as in Online Classes. She also offers a Certification training for those wanting to certify as a Rebounding trainer. Read more here.
Sylvia's teachings are based on her experience with the following systems and methods:
- The Alexander Technique® – Sylvia has been a teacher of this education to a healthy use of the body since 1983 and is one of its first teachers in Germany. In 2003 and 2004, Sylvia was member of the board of directors of the SLVAT (Society of teachers of the Alexander Technique in Switzerland) and responsible for the quality of the Alexander-Technique training given in the AT schools in Switzerland.
- Dynamic Rebounding® – Certified as Rebounding Teacher in Switzerland. Sylvia worked closely together with the founders of Dynamic Rebounding, Ingrid Luginbühl and Birgit Buschmann.
- Bones For Life® – Sylvia enjoyed the great gift of personal training from founder Ruthy Alon. 2006, Oakland, CA.
- Spiraldynamik® – Sylvia studied Spiral Dynamic movement and therapy in Switzerland with co-founder Christian Heel, author of the movement bible, Movement Systems. 2002, Zurich, Switzerland.
- Core Process Psychotherapy® – Sylvia is one of a handful of practitioners personally trained by Maura Sills, founder of Core Process Psychotherapy and the Karuna Institute (UK), 2003, Zurich, Switzerland.
- Biocognitive Science with Dr. Mario Martinez, is a new paradigm that investigates the causes of health and identifies how our beliefs affect our immune, nervous and endocrine systems and how we can reprogram ourselves for a life in health, abundance and joy. 2014, Berkeley, CA.
Today, Sylvia lives most of the year in Naples, Florida or in Berkeley, California.
For those who love American literature: Sylvia is a direct descendant of American's novelist Theodore Dreiser.