When Running is no longer an option, because your back hurts or your knees or joints prefer not to be exposed to Running any longer, Rebounding is a low impact exercise to keep you moving, healthy and flexible.
What you need for successful Rebounding is a soft bouncing high quality Rebounder. Beware hard bouncing Rebounders, they might work for young people who's body can compensate jarring impact, but in case of back pain or joint problems, you need a high quality soft bouncing Rebounder. QiBounding recommends to use a bungee band Rebounder, of which the bests on the market are the ones which could qualify as QiBounders.
Back and brain Strong Knees Hip strengthening
Rebounding exercises Rebounding exercises Rebounding exercises
Find your ideal Rebounder
Call us at 855-QIBOUNDING
We are independent rebounding trainers with over 25 years of experience.
We are happy to help you!
The only way to nourish your disks is an up / down movement!
Did you know that from age 20 on, the discs in your spine lose all red blood cells? That is about the time when the growing process of your cartilage is finished. From that moment on, the only way your cartilage is nourished, is through the up and down movement of your body. This movement provides a contraction and extension of your cartilage, by which it receives nourishment from the surrounding environment. Imagine the disks of your spine. They are made out of cartilage and they act similar to a sponge: When they are pressed down on the lowest point of the bounce on a Rebounder, they release what they don't need and in the highest point of the bounce they are extended and "suck" in the nourishment from their environment.
Our bodies are made for running. Is that true?
When our bodies first evolved, we were still hunters and gatherers. The average person had to cover 15 to 20 miles per day in order to gather enough food to sustain our clans. During that time our spine received plenty of up and down movement. Today we are left with the necessity of this movement but unfortunately our way of life does not give us nearly enough of it - unless we jog. But... is running safe? In his book "Chi Running", author Danny Dreyer points out that in any given year, 65% of all runners injure themselves!
So jogging is perhaps not exactly what we want. Especially not for those of us who have sensitive backs or injured joints. So what to do? Here comes the good news: The mat of a high quality Rebounder, like the ones manufactured by the German company Bellicon, absorbs 85% of the impact on every bounce and leaves you with only 15%. This makes Rebounding, and even more its newest method QiBounding, the ideal exercise for all those who suffer from back or joint problems.
Rehabilitation effect on joints and soft tissue
More good news is that Rebounding, when done properly, is not only safe, but it even has a substantial rehabilitative effect on joint and soft tissue injuries.
What I find is that with rebounding on my bellicon I can get my heart rate up and maintain a higher percentage of Max heart rate without the pounding of my joints like on a treadmill. I have my treadmill on sale on Craigslist. I have a back injury, a compression fracture (stable) so I am allowed to rebound. This coupled with my inversion table are really make my back feel good! Charlene, Maine (2014/09)